Students Can Also Travel




I heard this phrase a lot from people I met. Employees have money but no time, students have time but no money. Both have same desire, to travel. But they face some boundaries which most of the problem are either time or money, or both. How to solve it? Being a boss, entrepreneurs maybe? A boss still have to maintain their business, in fact boss, entrepreneurs or businessmen do not have much time, they are busy.
That's why, since you're student and you have much time, why don't you just go travel. See the world out there, meet new people and learn many things. No money? Don't worry there are plenty ways to get money. I started to travel since my college life, I traveled every weekend, and when the semester break had come, I did long trip for months. How did I get my money? Am I rich? No. In fact, my parents never sent money for me. They only paid for my dormitory. I paid food, transportation, my daily needs by myself. Again, how did I get money for my daily life plus travel?

Look inside you
I believe every single person is unique, everybody has ability and specialty. Dig yourself and find what your hobbies are, what you can do. Still can't find what suits you? Ask your friends what kind of person you are. Never underestimate yourself!

Generate money 
Freelance, part time job, there are many things you can do. If you like to talk, be an MC, if you like to design, go for design. Start from your friends in campus. Many things you can do. Be creative. Selling food, delivery, online shop, travel writer, marketing for your campus, find every single opportunity that you can do.        
                         There's nothing easy, you have to work hard, but  trust me it's worthy.

Save your money
After you got your money, don't spend your money for useless thing. I understand that students tend to be hedonist. Chilling out with friends, go shopping, party. Get them out from your life! You can still do that, but again you want to travel, or just staying in the same place, doing the same thing.

Learn from the expert
Join forums and communities, read a lot traveler's blog or journal. Learn how to press budget while traveling. Plan everything about your destinations, how to get there, make a draft of your itinerary.

Search for promotions
We're so lucky living in this era where technologies are everywhere and it's super duperrr cheap. I have no idea how come the price of flights can be so cheap. Air Asia often gives promotion, even free seats! So does Cebu Pacific, Tiger Airways, and many else. Subscribe the newsletter and hunt for the ticket.

Join competition
There are many competitions with prize of free trip to some destination. All you have to do is looking for the information through google, magazines, etc and follow the competition. Never think negative like I can't win the competition. Think positive, I want the prize, I have the chance to travel free.

Determination is the key to success

Don't abandon your study
Remember, you are still a student. You have responsibility to study and gain mark. Never put aside your study just because you want travel. I'm very concern to some friends of mine, still not graduate after 5 years studying. They went hiking, traveling, they didn't care about their study. Don't follow that kind of attitude. Follow mine, good marks even I travel a lot ;)

I do really want to encourage you all, start traveling since you're young. So many things can be learned. Some are not taught in your school. Travel open my eyes to different side that I never experienced in my life. The more I travel the more grateful and thankful I am. I could see people who are not as lucky as me, I could see the amazing nature out there. It has change my life, my soul, everything. Hope it helps =)



If you think the post is useful, kindly share this information by clicking the logo below. You'll be directed to your facebook or twitter.

Labels: