Short Break to Cameron Highland


Let me tell a quick short story before getting to the point about Cameron Highland. In order to fund my next travel, which I've planned for the whole year, I decided to find a job for few months in Kuala Lumpur while waiting for my next flights, all from Kuala Lumpur. Lucky me, I got a job in one of the best hostel in town, free accommodation and good salary .I don't care about money as long as I'm earning and have something to do, in fact in the end I partied too much and never save, haha. Work was good and fun, but as someone who can't do the same routine, it sucks even just for one or two months, so during my off day, I have a chance to go to Cameron Highland.

It was just a short break, eventually it's the best time for me to escape from my daily routine. I need to see green things, I need to breath with fresh air, I need to chill in a cool place, that's why Cameron Highland was just perfect. There are lots of activities can be done in Cameron Highlands especially jungle trekking. I love trekking alot but this time, I just want to relax so I chose to visit only tea plantation.

I took the bus from Puduraya Bus Station, rushing there after I finished my shift at 4 p.m. The bus took four hours to Cameron Highlands. I arrived around 8 p.m in Tana Rata and checked in to Father's Guesthouse. A nice quite luxurious guesthouse range from only RM 25 for dorm until RM 120 for private room. 

I woke up on the next day after my long sleep. Perfect weather to take a walk. The sun shone, the temperature was cool enough, the fresh air that I've been waiting for. I went to a bus station to catch a bus to BOH Tea Plantation, the biggest tea plantation there. The bus dropped me in the junction then I walked about four kms, inside. After an hour walk, I enjoyed the view, accompanied by nice cheese cake and their home-made tea.





Based in 1500 meters above sea level, Cameron Highland is ideal for farming. One of the biggest and oldest plantation in Malaysia was discovered by a British Businessman named J.A Russel. The company has two sites of plantation, Sungei Palas and Fairlie. They also set the packaging factory near the plantation to ensure the freshness and quality of the tea.


I managed to do my first hitchhiking in Cameron Highland. I did six cars in a day, what an achievement! I got my first ride after twenty minutes waiting on the road side. I was nervous and also a bit shy to do that. It was an Indian-Malay man who offered me a ride. The next lift was just five minutes, a nice Chinese Lady having a massage business there. Guess what, I got addicted and did it until six times. It was just a short and easy ride, I think I'm ready for longer ride after this.

Getting to Cameron Highland

Bus from Puduraya Station shall take you directly to Tana Rata, Cameron Highland. Schedule can be check in journeymalaysia.com for all the bound in Malaysia. Price for one way is RM 35. There are tour operators in Cameron Highland, day tour starts from RM 50. You can also rent a taxi from RM 25/hour, minimum 3 hours. Enjoy!

smile!

Traveled in 15-17 July 2014

If you think the post is useful, kindly share this information by clicking the logo below. You'll be directed to your facebook or twitter.


Labels: